Special shopping seasons in the USA
The United States has special dates or seasons that are very important to do some shopping and you can have access from buying on the internet. Among the most important in terms of greater value discount are:
- Annual or Semi-Annual Sales are common in the changing seasons of the year. In late summer and early winter you will always find stores like Victoria’s Secret and Neiman Marcus having discounts of up to 70%.
- Black Friday is the day that kicks off the holiday shopping season and year-end festivities in USA, perfect to take advantage of discounts and specials that stores offer (the biggest of the year).
- Cyber Monday is the following Monday to Black Friday and discounts are extend to this day on the internet, mostly electronic items like iPads, cell phones, lap tops, etc.
Holidays and Specials:
- Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr. – third Monday of January (defender of civil rights and equality between blacks and whites Speech 1963.).
- Memorial Day – Last Monday in May (commemorates those killed in the U.S. Civil War soldiers).
- 4th of July – USA Independence Day (Declaration of independence from the British, 1776)
- Labor Day – 1st Monday in September (Sept. 1)
- Columbus Day – 2nd Monday in October(arrival of Christopher Columbus to the Americas)
- Veteran’s Day – November 11(Signature of amnesty that ended the First World War, thanks to the veterans who served)
- Black Friday – Last Friday of November, the day after Thanksgiving
- Cyber Monday – Next Monday after Thanksgiving
- Green Monday – 2nd Monday of December or Monday after Cyber Monday
Mother’s Day: 2nd Sunday of May in the U.S. and last Sunday of May in DR.
Father’s Day: 2nd Sunday of June in USA and last Sunday of July in RD.