TIPS for a secure internet shopping
People always have doubts about internet shopping, often questions they ask “is it save to my credit card data on the store page” or “is this page a secure web?”
There are some security tips we can put on practice for a safer experience on internet shopping:
- When you create your profile on the store page, NEVER save your password on the navigator. There are pages that gives you the option to buy as a guest (Check Out as Guest) if you don’t want to register yourself on the page.
- Say NO to open WI-FI and use a safe internet connection.
- Check if your Laptop or PC has an antivirus.
- Look for the security certificate. NOTICE if the transactional page marks HTTPS.
- DON’T shop on unknown pages that have bad reviews. Check our list of recommended pages on the Store section.
- SHUT DOWN internet banners or pop-ups that jump into your screen.
- If you leave your credit card registered in the online store, avoid saving your log in password.
- NEVER use the same password for the log in every webpage (stores, social media, email, etc.)
- KEEP AN EYE on our account movements and constantly check our credit card balance.